Hello beauties! In conjunction with makeup and fashion, reading is one of my all time favorite pastimes is reading. I have loved reading since I was a little girl. While others were playing with dolls I was reading Babysitters Club and Goosebumps, they had a doll collection and I had a desk piled high with books. Over the years I’ve noticed that I dont read as much as I used to. Now that Im a Mom and an entrepreneur I’ve traded in leisure reading for checking homework, cooking meals, and trying to brand myself. I promised myself that this year I would get back into reading. I may have to cut out some TV and videogaming time but hey, it’ll be worth it. A recent trip to the annual book sale in my town has given me more of a reason to get back into reading. Here’s what I plan to read this year:
- I Still Want It by Derrick Jaxn
- #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
- When Chickenheads Come Home to Roost: A Hip-Hop Feminist Breaks by Joan Morgan
- How to Be Black by Baratunde Thurston
- Nectar by Upile Chisala
- The Conspiracy to Destroy Black Women by Michael Porter
- Sister Citizen: Shame, Stereotypes, and Black Women in America by Melissa V. Harris Perry
- The Madmans Tale by John Katzenbach
- Blow Out by Catherine Coulter
- Intensity by Dean Koontz
- The Murder Book by Jonathan Kellerman
- Double Cross by James Patterson
- Nemesis by Catherine Coulter
My list will probably grow as I see other books that interest me but for now these are the main picks. I dont have a lot of new fiction books on the list but Im making myself read whats on my shelf before I make another book purchase.
Whats on your reading list for this year?